Owners of smartphones the Lumia 550, Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL will start to get a new build of Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.29. It should be noted that the update is available as a window insider participants and also for ordinary users. In addition, the update came out not only for smartphones purchased in retail stores, but also for devices purchased from cellular operators under contract. Therefore it can be concluded that Microsoft has decided not to wait for approval from the operators before realeasing the firmware.
10586.29 update contains the following changes:
- You will see additional improvements in upgrade experience, including devices with limited free space, map rendering on update, and RCS enabled device settings.
- Improved application backwards compatibility for Windows Phone 8.1 Silverlight applications.
- Edge performance and stability has been improved. Auto-completion has been updated to allow user to more easily edit the end of the URL in the address bar.
- Additional Bluetooth stability improvements.
- We have resolve issues on switching the active cellular connectivity profile on Dual SIM devices.
- Data profiles are now correctly restored in the out of box experience that would prevent some devices from sending or receiving MMS messages.
Update: The update is also rolling out to Lumia 550 owners.