The download links in this post, will allow users of the Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950F / FD to manually install Android 9 Pie Official stock rom update on their smartphone. The official Android Pie beta update is available for download that Samsung has released some region. The software version of the official Android Pie beta OTA is ZSA5 and ZSAC (beta 3). The Android 9 Pie beta update brings along Samsung’s new skin over Android which is being called One UI. There is an OTA file and Odin flash file available, you can choose to install the one you prefer and flash/Upgrade your phone
- This guide is compatible only for the Galaxy SM-G950F / SM-G950FD. Do not try this on any other device as you might end up damaging your device and permanently brick it.
- Make appropriate backup all your important data, music and video files, and everything else as there are chances your devices will be wiped while doing this.
- Do not try anything given on this page if you do not completely know what you are doing. In case any damage occurs, we won’t be held responsible.
- To install Android Pie OTA update, you need to be on the required Oreo version first. So, if you are not on the require Oreo update as given in the downloads section below. Verify the build number of your Galaxy S8 or S8+ under Settings > About phone > Software version.If you have the required Android Oreo version, then skip this step
- Beta- 1 ZSA5 should only be installed CRL3, it will NOT install on other firmware !!!
- Knox will remain 0x0, do not worry.
Version CRL3- Android 8.0 Oreo is require (install using Odin)
Version: G950FXXU4ZSA5 (Install this update.zip file from CRL3 to ZSA5 install via SDcard)
Google Link 2
Version: G950FXXU4ZSAC (Install this update.zip file from ZSA5 to ZSAC install via SDcard).
How to install via SDcard:
How to install update.zip from stock recovery from SD card – Instructions ( this only apply to ZSA5 and ZSAC, CRL3 must be install manually using Odin)
Step 1. Download the archive/Flash file Firmware using one of the links (Beta1) , Beta 2 , Beta 3 Rename the archive to update.zip if necessary.
Step 2: Place the downloaded archive into the root of the SD card.(Switch off your phone then press Power on + bixby + volume up button simultaneously).
Step 3: Put the phone in Recovery mode.
Step 4: Select Apply update from SD.
Step 5: Select the downloaded archive zip/ and press the power button.
Step 6: Wait for the update process to complete.
Note: This installation process doesn’t wipe or clear your phone data)