In other to install a custom rom, you must have a custom recovery installed on your tecno H6. Having a custom recovery installed on your phone is a great advantage, it will enable you backup your phone and restore it incase of soft brick or errors. There are 2 custom recoveries currently available for the tecno h6 now,which are
TWRP ( Team Win Recovery Project)
CWM (clockworkmod) recovery.
- Your tecno h6 must be rooted.
- Download and install recovery flasher: Here
- Download clockworkmod recovery for tecno h6: Here
- Download twrp( Team Win Recovery Project) recovery: Here
How to install your desired custom recovery on your phone.
- Put all the two downloaded files i.e recovery flasher.apk and your desired recovery in the root of your SDcard.
- Using your file manager, browse the flasher and install it.
- Launch the recovery flasher application, and when asked for root permission, grant/allow.
- Click on recovery from storage,and locate your desired downloaded recovery e,g cwmrecovery.img or Twrp.img click on it, then on the pop up window choose yes,please.
- The recovery should now be flashed, when asked reboot into recovery now, click no,thanks.
- Now power off your device and reboot manually into recovery by holding volume up and power button at the same time.
You are now ready to start installing new custom Rom on your Tecno H6. Click HERE to see the Available Roms/Firmware for the H6.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?