Due to changes made to the PlayStation Store, it is no longer possible to download games onto your PSP. This is because digital content, including games and videos, can no longer be purchased for the PS3, PS Vita, and PSP.
As of July 2nd, 2021, certain services have been withdrawn from the PlayStation Store. This includes the closure of the store on PlayStation 3 consoles, and on August 27th, 2021, the closure of the store on PlayStation Vita devices. Additionally, any remaining purchase features on PSP systems will also be discontinued on that date.
You will no longer be able to make in-game purchases through PS3, PS Vita, and PSP games. However, you can still access any games you have already purchased by downloading your existing content to your gaming consoles, or PSP using the download list on the relevant device.
If you do not own a PS4 or PS5 console, or do not plan to purchase one, you can request a refund for any balance left in your PSN Wallet.
Features you will still have access to:
- You will still be able to redownload and play previously purchased games.
- You will still be able to access previously purchased videos and media.
- You will still be able to redeem vouchers for games and PlayStation Plus.
- You will still be able to re-download and play games obtained through PlayStation Plus as long as you continue to subscribe to the service.
Games for PlayStation Portable will still be available for purchase after the console store is closed.
Not everything is lost yet. Even after the closure of the PlayStation Store on PSP, it will still be possible to purchase digital games for the platform.
Since August 27th, 2021, Sony has closed its digital store with games and applications for the PlayStation Portable – their most successful portable console they have ever made. When we first heard about it, there was a lot of crying and sadness, which should not surprise anyone. The end of an era, the end of access to some games – and besides, at the outset it was said that stores for two other consoles, Vita and PlayStation 3, would also be closed. After great dissatisfaction among fans, Sony changed the rules of the game – and now we can learn more about them.
Digital games for PlayStation Portable can still be purchased on PlayStation 3 and PS Vita.
How many people will miss Sony’s digital store? Considering the scale of piracy that has affected this device and the fact that it debuted at a time when physical distribution was still very strong, probably not many. But the truth is that many contents will no longer be available for purchase. However, if you are late with your purchases and have access to PlayStation 3 or PS Vita, you will still be able to buy them. Sony didn’t advertise it before, but now you can read about it in the latest terms and conditions.
What about the PSP content you already own?
You will still be able to download previously purchased content on your PSP. Previously purchased PSP content can be downloaded to the PSP system using the download list on your device.
What about PSP content that can be purchased from stores on PS3 and PS Vita?
You will still be able to purchase and play PSP content available in stores on PS3 and PS Vita. However, you will not be able to purchase PSP content from the in-game store.
Using PlayStation Store on PC to download PSP files
If you don’t have a wireless router at home and don’t have a PS3 that you can use to access the PlayStation Store, you might think you’re out of luck when it comes to downloading content onto your PSP from the PlayStation Network. But if you have a computer with Internet access, you can download games, demos, and other content from the PlayStation Store onto your Computer and sync it with your PSP. It’s easy. Here are 9 steps to make it happen.
What you need?
- PSP (any model)
- Memory Stick with enough storage to download
- USB cable (standard connection on one end and Mini-B on the other)
- Internet connection
- computer (not mac)
How to use the PlayStation Store on PC to download onto the PlayStation Portable (PSP): 9 steps:
- If you haven’t already, download and install Sony Media Go on your PSP.
- Make sure you have plenty of space on your PSP memory card for the files you want to download. Turn on your PSP, connect it to your computer via USB cable, and enable the USB connection by scrolling to the “Settings” menu on the PSP and selecting “USB Connection.”
- Make sure your computer is connected to the internet and launch Sony Media Go on your PSP.
- If you’re launching Media Go for the first time, a setup process will run, then it will take you to the PlayStation Store. If you’ve used the Media Go app before, launch it and click the PlayStation Store icon to access the store.
- Browse through the store by clicking on categories until you find the game, demo, movie, or other content you want to download.
- Click the “Download” button.
- If you haven’t used PlayStation Store on PC before, you’ll need to log in or create an account. (See Tip 1 below.) If you’ve used the Store before, you’ll need to log in.
- After logging in, you’ll likely need to find your item again and click “Download” again. (See Tips 2 and 3 below.) The selected items will be downloaded to your PSP console.
- Once the download is complete, disconnect your PSP console and enjoy your new content.
Here are some tips:
- If you already have a PlayStation Network account set up on your PS3 or PSP, use the same login credentials to access the PlayStation Store on PC; otherwise, follow the instructions to create a new account.
- After clicking the “download” button on a product, you can either download it immediately or add it to your cart to select multiple items and then download them all at once.
- When you click to download an item, you may be prompted to download an updated version of the PlayStation Network Downloader. Download it, then restart your computer and reopen the Media Go application, then click the PS Store icon to return to the store. Find your download and click “download” again.
- You cannot view the contents of the PlayStation Store on your computer. It can only be used on a PSP.
- You cannot download items from the PlayStation Store to your computer only. You need to have your PSP connected to the computer, with a memory card in the PSP that has enough free space to download.
Other useful resources:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?