The TWRP Custom Recovery in this post is for the Xiaomi Redmi 3/3 Pro/prime also known by the codename “ido” device only, it will not work on any other xiaomi devices. You will need to unlock your bootloader and also disable dm-verity check before installation. Check out the important resources below for more information:
How to Unlock Your xiaomi device’s BootLoader Without Waiting For SMS Verification.
How to install Recovery:
You can easily install the Twrp recovery above using fastboot mode, it is very easy follow the steps below.
1. Download the recovery above
2. Extract the archive to the root of drive C:
3. Switch off your phone and reboot into fastboot mode by pressing ” the volume down and power button together”
4. Make sure you have the necessary fastboot driver install on your computer.
5. from the extracted TWRP archive folder, click and run the “flash.bat file” as an administractor.
The new Twrp recovery now has a fully touch driven user interface, no more volume rocker or power buttons to select and scrol. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely themeable. In other to install a custom rom, you must have a custom recovery installed on your Xiaomi Redmi 3/3 Prime. Having a custom recovery installed on your phone is a great advantage, it will enable you backup your phone and restore it in case of soft brick or errors. Below are the List of available Recovery:
List of available TWRP Custom Recovery download links
TWRP 3.0.2-0 Recovery for Redmi 3 (official)
How to disable d-verity check on Xiaomi Redmi 3/3 Pro
Xiaomi added dm-verity check on Bootloader. You will be need to disable it for modifying system. You can do it simply via adb.
Connect phone with adb (you need to execute this command with root)
How to update your Twrp recovery
Most devices can be updated quickly and easily within TWRP if you already have version 188.8.131.52 or higher installed
1) Download the latest version from our website on your device
2) Reboot to TWRP
3) Hit Install and tap the “Images…” button in the lower right
4) Browse to the location of the TWRP image on your device and select it
5) Select recovery from the partition list and swipe to flash
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?